Hello, out there! Sondie asked that I update her blog after surgery for any of you who might be following here for information. This won't be nearly as eloquent as her writing, but it will let you know how she's doing!
1. Surgery went very well. It started around 8 am and took about 4 hours. Both the Demolition Man and Reconstruction Dude said it couldn't have gone smoother.
2. Pathology on the lymph nodes won't be back until Friday at the earliest. So please pray that there is no cancer there and therefore no need for chemo.
3. She's been having some pain but it seems to be under control.
4. Marty and Erin have been troopers and her sisters have been gems, making sure her every need has been met. Friend and nurse Sandy spent the night with her in the hospital making sure she kept the pain meds going on regular intervals.
5. Erin and buddy Mary decorated the house with pink pigs today for her homecoming! So sweet!
6. Yes! She's home as of this afternoon. Still having pain but managing through it. I'm sure there will be some more rough spots over the next couple of days, so please pray for her.
7. She is so appreciative of all the visits, notes, and calls. She loves you all. Thank you.